19/00715/AS – Erection of apartment block containing 7 dwellings, a carport with a dwelling over along with associated parking and amenities on land at Homewood School adjoining Fire Station, Ashford Road, Tenterden, Kent
I am writing on behalf of the Tenterden & District Residents Association (TDRA) to object to this application for the following reasons:
- Over intensification of development on a site that is near to ancient woodland and ponds – adversely impacting the surrounding ecology.
- Insufficient parking provision – national design guidance is 1.75 assigned spaces per 2 bedroom apartment – only 1 space per apartment has been provided with one shared visitor space between all the 7 flats. This is likely to impact the already congested nearby road ways.
- Potential impact on a nearby badger set – evidence should be submitted to support any conclusions on potential impact to this badger set and surrounding wildlife.
- Likely privacy issues caused by overlooking to neighbouring properties due to height of proposed buildings – 3 storeys.
- It is our position is that any significant development over and above the current Local Plan should be considered completely unsustainable.
TDRA Planning Secretary
< Back to Planning